Should I hire a tax attorney?
Hiring a tax attorney is an important decision. An IRS tax attorney can provide many benefits including a comprehensive review of your financial situation. Do you already owe the IRS? Are you trying to minimize your taxes? Need to know how to make your business tax compliant? These are just some of the things that an IRS tax attorney can help with. When you have any tax problem it is important to handle it very carefully.
IRS tax matters are serious matters. A slight mistake in the process can cost you a lot of money, time, can get you frustrated and may land you in jail. The tax laws and the legalities involved in the process of tax settlement can be very complex. You may not understand it at all. Do you want to risk your wages and property with inadequate representation?
When you want to save yourself and your business from IRS penalties, interest and possible criminal actions (including jail terms), it is best to hire an expert in tax representation. A tax lawyer understands tax law. A tax attorney can guide to to making the right decision in a variety of situations. Plus, your tax attorney can devise a specific plan of action for your case.
A tax lawyer is trained, licensed and experienced in handling the technicalities involved in the tax resolution and settlement process. You should consider hiring a tax attorney when:
- You owe more than $10,000 to the IRS.
- You want to bring a lawsuit against the IRS.
- The IRS is investigating you.
- You think you’ve committed tax fraud (or you know you have).
- You disagree with a tax decision by the IRS.
- You are starting a business and want advice on structuring your new company (i.e., sole proprietorship, LLC or corporation).
- You are involved in business overseas and need legal advice.
- You are preparing your estate plan or are filing an estate tax return.
- You are dealing with a tax issue that you don’t understand